This fully built shock package utilizes the common RFY unit and rebuilds it to strict CL MotoTech specifications! They are also customizable with a list of ad-dons and upgrades. Please read the information below carefully and pick the options that best suit your needs.
By purchasing a fully built shock package I guarantee that you get the right package the first time. Ordering here also saves you time and hassle.
- 320mm RFY 7mm spring – appropriate for bikes in 300-450 lbs. range with an average weight rider.
- 340mm RFY 8mm short spring – appropriate for bikes in 450-650 lbs. range with an average weight rider.
- 375mm 8mm long spring – appropriate for bikes in the 400-550lbs range and an average weight rider.
- Spherical bearing installation – adds spherical bearings to the eyelets for reduced friction and hugely increased performance
- Top out spring replacement – replaces old top out spring with shorter variety increasing travel and decreasing built in preload
- Spherical bearing upgrade may add up to 12 business days to processing time
Picking the correct spring is perhaps the most critical step in achieving a good handling motorcycle. The guidelines above are written in fairly general terms. There are a lot of considerations to make, a few examples are motion ration, rider weight, single rider or two riders, and many others. More information can found in using my spring rate estimatoror by contacting me.
Spherical Bearing Replacement
- Reduces misalignment forces on the shock piston and shock rod linear bearing
- Increases shock sensitivity
- Lessens fiction and wear on shock components
- Less rotational friction that results in smoother action of the suspension
- Removes free play or slop common with rubber lined mounts
- Easily changed when worn
- A more professional and clean aesthetic
- Extremely long life with proper maintenance
Do not purchase spherical bearing replacement if the OD of the bolts or stud you are mounting with are larger than 15mm. The I.D. of the spherical bearing is 15mm.
If you have clevis mounts, purchase dual spherical bearing replacement.
If you have eyelet lower mounts, purchase quad spherical bearing replacement.
Top Out Spring Replacement
Top out spring replacement removes the overly stiff and excessively tall factory spring and put a compact high load spring in its place. This accommodates greater travel in the sag component of your suspension travel. The replacement spring decreases the droop limit, meaning the shock has a longer travel than stock. Ultimately, this allows the setup of the shock to be maximized in both the compression and sag characteristics. Preload correction is applied in conjunction with the top out spring replacement and serves to reduce factory set preload as much as possible. This is ideal for lighter bikes and riders who may struggle to achieve popper sag. Note: this service may add up to 10mm to the total length of the shock. Note: this service may add up to 10mm to the total length of the shock.
If you are uncertain on oil weight, generally speaking 7w is the best choice.
Due to the wide variety of colors, sizes, and mounting options I only carry a small stock of the fully built shock package. As a result order fulfillment can take up to 15 days.
Shipping is $15 on this item. The item is shipped 2 day priority.
You have the choice of shock color and mounting style. There is a wide variety of color options and styles available. If you do not see the options you wish to chose please contact me via the form found in the links at the top of the page.
Do you have questions about this purchase? Visit the FAQ page.
If you have questions as to which options are appropriate appropriate please contact me.